Saturday, October 1, 2011

J. Crew Puff-Sleeve Popover

I recently purchased this popover blouse from J. Crew.

Puff-Sleeve Popover by J. Crew
On sale $29.99 (originally $79.50)
www.jcrew.com

I usually like my shirts to be very fitted and tailored so I almost always get a size 0 or xs. However, I purchased the size 2 in this top (simply because that was the only size left at my local J. Crew). The size 2 actually fits me perfectly. It does have a blousier, baby-doll fit, which I normally don't like, but for some reason I don't mind that look with this top. I actually think it's quite flattering. And the puff sleeves aren't too puffy - just the right amount of fullness to complete that feminine, dainty look (see Emma Pillsbury). It's an easy top to throw over your favorite pair of straight-leg jeans, or if you want to achieve a more fitted look with this blouse, simply tuck it in. It looks great either way. 

No comments: