Monday, October 3, 2011

Teen Witch

Teen Witch is my favorite 80s movie. It is so quintessential 80s that it's almost too painful to watch, what with the hairstyles, fashion, dance numbers, and cheesy acting. But at the same time, those are the things that make this movie so fun to watch.



When I was a little girl watching this movie, I thought the main character was so pretty and I wanted to be just like her - "I want[ed] to be the most popular girl."

If you've never seen this movie, it's about a girl named Louise (played by Robyn Lively) who is an outcast, BUT finds out on her 16th birthday that she is actually a witch (I know, compelling stuff). So she decides to use her witch powers to cast a spell to become the most popular girl at school and get the most popular guy (Brad, the captain of the football team - what else?) to fall in love with her. But in the end, she wants to reverse the spell because she decides that she wants Brad to love her for her and not because of some spell he was cast under. So of course, their true feelings for each other are revealed at the school dance, replete with 80s prom dresses and choreographed dance numbers.


Please tell me someone else out there has seen (and loved) this movie!

Years ago, my brother got me this movie for Christmas. Honestly, probably one of the best presents I've ever gotten.

No comments: