Saturday, December 24, 2011

Bailey 44 Slung Sash Tee: A Review

Slung Sash Tee by Bailey 44
On sale $29.98 (originally $88)
www.anthropologie.com

I had been wanting the Bailey 44 Slung Sash Tee since I suggested pairing it with the Square Study Skirt in an earlier post. Well, the other day, it finally went on sale for $59.95, and with Anthropologie's amazing additional 50% off sale, this top was a steal. I actually ended up getting two colors - red and black - because I thought they both looked so great.

Slung Sash Tee by Bailey 44 in red
paired with the Monhegan Wide-Leg
pants by Cartonnier

Here I am wearing the XS, which is my usual size (for reference, I'm 5'3", 115 pounds, 26" waist, 32a chest). I knew it was going to be form-fitting so I was a little worried about trying on the XS, but I think it fit really great, so I would say this top runs true to size. Many of the other online reviewers said that it's a great top to accentuate and add curves to a tiny frame and I agree, although I kinda think the top is just a tad bit too low-cut, but not a big deal. I tried pairing it with a tank top underneath but it took away from the look of the cutouts which, let's be honest, are there to show off a bit of skin. I was worried that because of the rayon material, the top would be too clingy and require some Spanx, but it actually has a double layer which helps hide flaws. The only things I don't like about it are the raw edges along the bottom and the fact that it's dry clean only. But considering it's only made of rayon and spandex, I might actually try washing it in a wash bag on gentle cycle.

I love how this is still a simple tee that can be worn with many different bottoms, but the "sashes" make it unique and interesting. The top is actually quite long, which makes it easy to tuck into pants and stay put. In the picture below, I have it untucked just so you can see how long it is.

Slung Sash Tee by Bailey 44 in black
paired with the Farrah Skinny Jeans by AG
and heels by Missoni for Target

Several online reviewers opined that this top was work-appropriate, but I personally don't think it is. Like I said, I think it's a bit too low-cut for work (maybe some offices are more casual, but as a teacher, I do not plan on wearing this to work). It's such a versatile top that can be dressed down for a day of running errands or dressed up for a night out on the town.

No comments: