Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Band Names

I Love Your Band Tee by We The Free

I was listening to the radio as I was driving home from work this afternoon and a song by the band named Cage The Elephant came on. And I thought to myself, "Wow, you can really name a band ANYTHING you want!" (I'll admit that at first I thought the name of the band was Page The Elephant, until I googled it and found out it was really Cage The Elephant. But let's be honest - it's still weird). Seriously - think of all the names of the bands you know - Death Cab For Cutie, Tokyo Police Club, Foo Fighters, Hoobastank. What do they mean? What's the story behind them? I bet the members of the band themselves couldn't even tell you. Anyway, while I continued to drive home, I decided to try to come up with my own band names, inspired by whatever surrounded me (possibly a new road trip game?) Here are some of my ideas:

  • Orange Cone Green Grass
  • The Red Mailbox
  • The Champs Are Back
  • Gas - Exit 12
  • Merge Left

What do you think - any future Grammy winners in this bunch?

And if you thought those were bad, check these out.

If you could form a band, what would you name it?

No comments: