Friday, February 10, 2012

The Walking Dead


Anyone else excited about the mid-season premiere of The Walking Dead this weekend?

Normally, this is not a show I would ever watch. I'm terrified of scary movies - I love comedies, chick flicks, and cheesy teen movies. So this was not up my alley. But my sister-in-law Julie got me hooked on it. She told me what a great show it was and, curious, I borrowed my brother's season one Blu-ray and John and I have been hooked ever since.

This show airs Sunday on AMC and is currently in its second season. The show follows a small band of survivors in the aftermath of a zombie apocalypse. The scenes are very intense - sometimes I have to watch behind a pillow because I get so nervous! The writers and actors have stressed that the zombies (or what they call "walkers") are simply a backdrop to the real story - the interactions amongst the survivors, how they deal with moral issues, and how survival changes them.

After becoming completely obsessed with the show, my brother bought me my very own season one Blu-ray for my birthday. I was so excited and I have probably watched every single episode at least three times and watched all the special features. It's a fantastic show and I highly recommend it to everyone!

No comments: