Sunday, April 22, 2012

Outfit Of The Day: "Stars" and Stripes

What I'm Wearing:
Top by J. Crew
Seeing Spots Shorts by Daughters of the Liberation
Shoes by Toms

I recently purchased this striped top from the sale rack at J. Crew. It was marked down to $29.99 (originally $45) and they were having an additional 30% off sale. I still thought, "Hmm, $21? Is that too much to pay for a simple cotton tee?" But my husband thought it looked really cute on me and I really liked the stripes and color combo. Plus, it was an xxs. I joked to my husband and said, "This vanity sizing is great! I feel so good about myself right now!" You see, I've NEVER been able to fit into a J. Crew size xxs, even in my skinniest of days. So I was delighted to see that I was able to wear this top quite comfortably. I know in all actuality I'm not really this size, but whatever. A girl can dream right? And on top of all this, they let me use my 15% teacher discount in addition to the 30%, which they've never let me do before, bringing my grand total for this self-esteem-boosting top to $18. Not bad for a J. Crew top.

No comments: