Sunday, June 17, 2012

J. Crew Bib Necklace

A long time ago, I posted this Kate Spade Cut to the Chase Bib Necklace that I really wanted. At the time, it was on sale for $103 (crazy, right?) Well, a couple weeks ago I was at the J. Crew outlet when I stumbled upon this necklace.

It looks exactly like the Kate Spade one right? I was so excited when I found this and I was even more excited with the price. It was $42.99 with an additional 30% off AND I used my 15% teacher discount, knocking my total down to about $27 with tax. That sure beats $103! 


I'm actually not quite sure what color this is. To me it looks yellow, but a sales associate said it was "chartreuse" which is somewhere between green and yellow. By itself it looks yellow, but when I place it next to something else that is a true yellow, it starts to look a little green.

I was feeling especially "J. Crew" yesterday so I wanted to wear something really preppy. My local J. Crew is currently having an additional 30% off sale for their clearance items and I found this nautical inspired dress for only $20 (originally $88).

What I'm Wearing
Dress, necklace, and ballet flats by J. Crew

22 weeks pregnant
I was really torn between the XXS and the XS. I felt that the XXS felt better - it had more of the fitted look that I like and it would totally not be a problem if I weren't pregnant, but the fact of the matter is, I am. So I decided that if I wanted to get more use out of this dress, I should get the XS. The fitting room attendant also reassured me that the XS fit me perfectly. I am sorta having a bit of buyer's remorse, but oh well. As with all things J. Crew clearance, this was a final sale item, meaning no returns or exchanges. If anything, after I have the baby, I'll just wash it in warm water and throw it in the dryer in the hopes that it might shrink a little.

Every time I flip through a J. Crew catalogue, I always think, "Wow, they have a great way of mixing and matching colors." This outfit was my way of trying to imitate that same mixing. I felt the dress was neutral enough to allow for some pops of color in the necklace and the shoes.

No comments: