Monday, May 13, 2013

AG Jeans The Daisy - Denim Bianca Shorts: The Look For Less

$198

The Liberty Collection for AG Jeans has many pretty florals and I'm strangely drawn to The Daisy shorts above (I say "strangely" because I never thought I'd like the floral denim trend, but once again I've fallen victim to fashion. Oh well.) While super cute, I can't justify the nearly $200 price tag for a pair of trendy shorts.  But one day while shopping at Kohl's, I came across these LC Lauren Conrad denim shorts. 

$29.99





Item: LC Lauren Conrad Floral Distressed Denim Shorts
Price: $29.99
Size: 4
Overall Rating: 3/5

I give these shorts a 3/5 rating because I'm not entirely sure I'm sold on the floral denim trend. In a way, I think it looks very vintage-inpired and boho chic. But the cutoffs cheapen the look for me and make them seem a bit...er, trashy (for lack of a better word). If they were a finished hem, I would have liked them MUCH better. I tried on my usual Lauren Conrad size 4 and they fit very well - the rise is not too low or high, and I like where they hit me on my thighs. The inseam makes me feel comfortable and covered up. There is a bit of stretch that helps give you a custom fit. Overall, a cute pair of shorts and definitely a great and more affordable version of the AG shorts.

No comments: