Sunday, September 29, 2013

Outfit Of The Day: Lauren and Lim

What I'm Wearing:
Catherine Malandrino for Lacoste Shirt
Neiman Marcus + Target Marc Jacobs Scarf



This purse is freakin' awesome! When it comes to the Target designer collaborations, I generally don't buy any of the accessories. Oftentimes, they're simply not my style. In fact, the only time I've ever bought a purse was when Loeffler Randall created their cream satchels for Target (I bought both the shoulder bag and the clutch). This 3.1 Phillip Lim for Target purse, however, is my new favorite.

It's so sleek and stylish and while I generally don't like zipper details, they look fantastic on this purse. You can either zip up the sides or keep them open (I prefer them open). 

Although it's made from polyurethane, it looks pretty close to real leather. I think the quality is great for the price you pay, and it looks a lot more expensive than what it actually costs. This purse reminds me a lot of those Celine handbags, which can set you back thousands of dollars. This is a pretty great alternative at only $54.99.

The bottom of the bag has "feet" which was a nice touch.

And the top has a zip closure, which is also a nice added detail.

I like how this line simply has the Target bullseye logo instead of the usual "for Target" emblazoned everywhere. Keeps it very subtle.

It's a very roomy bag. In fact, my husband thinks it's just a touch too big. And I have to admit that it overwhelms my frame just a little in the pictures above, but I don't mind too much. I find that I can fill it with lots of things, such as my wallet, makeup bag, umbrella, sunglasses case, and some diapers and snacks for my son.

Overall, I'm very pleased with this purchase. This, and the floral peplum, were the two main items I wanted. The first Target I went to only had two of these bags and they were quickly picked up by the two women who were in front of me in line. However, a quick stop to the Southside Target revealed that there were plenty of these purses in stock, along with all the colorways. I debated for a long time between the black and the taupe and ultimately, it was my husband who helped me make the decision to purchase the black version.

But I also got the...

3.1 Phillip Lim for Target Mini Satchel with Gusset in Taupe
Since I couldn't really decide between the black or taupe color, I decided to purchase the mini satchel in  taupe (that way I can enjoy both colors). 


I'm super picky so I spent a lot of time in Target trying to pick out the one I like best and I can't believe I didn't notice that the front pocket is a little crooked. Oh well, I guess I can try to shape it how I want to.

There's a detachable shoulder strap, which is honestly a little too long, even when adjusted to the shortest setting. But I guess as a crossbody bag, it's not so bad. 


This is pretty much an exact version of the larger satchel, just in a more miniature, cute way.


This purse can fit maybe a wallet, cell phone, and keys, but really that's all you need.

Again there's a zippered pocket.

And a single pocket on the opposite side.

I love all the little details and this taupe color is great for the fall/winter season. I can see wearing this as a crossbody bag with a casual outfit and then as a handbag for a night out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great review, I cannot tell you how much I appreciate it. I was unable to find it (The large tote) in any Targets and was so disappointed. I have never actually seen or felt it in person. I just had to have it. I just know my hubby was trying to find one on ebay. This helped me see the details I didn't know about! Thank you. Tee

iloveorlakiely said...

Glad I could help :) And good luck with your search on eBay!