Friday, November 15, 2013

Reviews: LC Lauren Conrad Crochet Pintuck Top, Bow Pleated Top, Tulle Maxi Skirt, Heart Skinny Ankle Jeans, and Lace Fit and Flare Dress

Size XS
On sale $37.50 (originally $50)
I love the icy blue color of this blouse, and the crochet collar is SO pretty. Hopefully a good ironing will help get out the ripples along the pleats. Overall, it fits and flows very nicely. The color makes it a multi-seasonal blouse. Although I don't need yet ANOTHER polyester blouse from Lauren Conrad, I can't help but wish list this one. 


The collar really is gorgeous, and it's what initially drew me to this blouse. 

Navy Nile, Oatmeal Heather, Size XS
On sale $40.50 (originally $54)
I wrote a review for this sweater last week in the Heather Gray color, and I held off on buying this sweater because I wanted to try the navy and oatmeal colors first. Now, I'm more torn than ever because I think I like all three! I hate purchasing the same thing in different colors, so I'll still narrow it down to one choice, but I haven't decided yet. I think, however, that I can eliminate the Oatmeal Heather (originally my first choice) because after trying it on, I realized I liked the darker colors better - makes the sweater a bit more slimming since it is a bit oversized. And I think the lace details blend in a little better on the darker colors. The black on the Oatmeal color stands out more, making my shoulders look a bit too broad.

Size XS
On sale $33 (originally $44)
Oh how I love this blouse! It was my favorite from this reviews set (and the only one that came home with me!) It's very Kate Spade-esque (without the Kate Spade price). The material feels nice (polyester again, but somehow feels more substantial than the other blouses in Lauren Conrad's collection). This blouse is just so cute! And I think the black and white color combo pairs nicely with the dusty blue corduroys I'm wearing in these photos. The bows are just so festive and fun - perfect for the holiday season!

I like how the bow pattern continues throughout the blouse. Usually, Lauren Conrad's tops have a solid back, but I was happy to see the bows on the other side. 

Cameo Rose, size XS
On sale $48 (originally $64)
Even though this skirt is very impractical for my everyday life, I still think it's AWESOME! I love the dusty pink color and the gold waistband. I pulled it up high enough so that it wouldn't drag (too much) on the floor (I'm 5'3"). I'm turning 30 in a couple months and I can see myself wearing this for my birthday celebration. It's just so girly and whimsy and pretty. 

Although the waist was very comfortable - didn't feel too tight - it did dig in a little, creating a little muffin top (ugh!). So I think I'd have to wear some Spanx underneath or at least a top that's a little more forgiving.

A full-length shot. I like how the black looks with this skirt, but I wouldn't just wear a black cami. It would have to have a little more detail than that, but not too much, because there's certainly a lot going on with this skirt already!

Size 0
On sale $27 (originally $54)
I'd been wanting another pair of heart jeans to replace my AG Stevie Ankle Heart pants, which are now far too big on me since I've lost some baby weight. I like the lighter color of these jeans and the subtlety of the hearts. The size 0 fits, but just barely. The waist created a muffin top on me, so up to a size 2 I went. A much better and more flattering fit. Such a fun pair of jeans!



Cameo Rose, size 2
On sale $51 (originally $68)
This dress is pretty much a knockoff of Plenty by Tracy Reese's Mariposa Lace Dress. However, this version is by far more affordable compared to its $248 cousin.  

I felt very comfortable in a size 2. There's a side zip that pulls easily, which is nice because I always seem to have a problem with zippers getting stuck. The color is a nice blush pink, making it wearable year round. There are, however, a couple cons.

First, the length is a bit too short for my taste. It hits right above the knees. I wish it were more a knee-length skirt to make it more wearable. 

And the biggest con - the neckline of this dress sits far too low. Clearly my bra shows, which makes me wonder what kind of bra would work with this dress. It'll of course have to be strapless, but I'm worried about finding one that sits low enough to hide underneath the dress. I really wish the neckline sat higher. 

The waistline is just screaming for a belt! I think this dress would look fabulous with a skinny black patent leather belt or even a thicker corset-type belt.

A shot of the back on the hanger (because I'm simply not talented enough to take fitting room shots of my back). There's a nice cutout detail, but it's cut high enough that your bra doesn't show (now if only I could say the same for the front!)

No comments: