Friday, January 3, 2014

Orla Kiely Towels at Home Goods

I was recently on a hunt at Home Goods for some new bath mats when I stumbled upon a stack of Orla Kiely towels.


Needless to say, I was thrilled!

You would think that I snatched them all up. But I was good. I only left with one beach towel, four bath towels, two hand towels, and one face towel (for me, this is considered "good"). 



The prices were really good for Orla Kiely. The beach towel (actually a Christmas present from my mother-in-law) was $24.99 (retail $58), the bath towels were $14.99 each (retail $38 each), the hand towels were $7.99 each (retail $20 each), and the face towel was $3.99 (retail $6).


Each one came attached with an Orla Kiely House tag (and yes, I did keep each one. Not sure what I'm going to do with them, but I could see them in a scrapbook somewhere).

Made in Portugal!

There's honestly really nothing remarkable about these towels, except the Orla Kiely print. They're not particularly plush or soft - they feel like your standard towel. But standard towels cost the same, so might as well get something with an Orla Kiely print!

Again, this towel was a gift from my mother-in-law. She was so excited to find this at Marshall's, so these towels are not only available at Home Goods. Check out your local T.J. Maxx and Marshalls as well!



My only negative about these towels is that some of them had snags in them already. In fact, I think all of them did. I had to inspect each one to find the ones that had the least snags in them. Not noticeable from afar, but definitely up close. Simply cutting them should be fine, but only time will tell if more will show up. So far they seem to be holding up well after about a week.


These towels also came in orange, but I opted for the gray ones as I thought they paired better with the color scheme in my bathroom. 

I've recently been trying to redo my bathroom. I'm going for a calming palette of grays, blues, and browns (I'm eventually going to paint the walls a light taupe color). The shower curtain seen here is the Lucianna Medallion Shower Curtain from Pottery Barn, which I purchased on sale from the store for about $30 (originally $59).


Now my other bathroom is a little...louder.  I love penguins, so obviously that's the theme going on here. And although the Orla Kiely towels don't exactly match, I just couldn't see myself tucking them away in a linen closet. So here they are.


As for the orange stem hand towel and face towel, I decided to put them on display in my cabinet since these are the only two towels I bought in this print and color. 

I think they look nice next to my Orla Kiely perfume, which I still have yet to use (and I've had it for about three years!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where did you get your shower curtain?!? Love it!!

iloveorlakiely said...

Thanks! The medallion shower curtain is from Pottery Barn, and the penguin one is from Target, but from several years ago.