Monday, July 28, 2014

Review + Haul: Orla Kiely Baby Rhino Trenchcoat

For reference, I am 5'3", 110 pounds, 32A bust, typically a size XS in tops, 0-2 in dresses, 25-26 in jeans.

On sale at ModCloth $258.99 and Orla Kiely (originally $518)
I love this coat for its classic shape, but fun design. It does seem a bit too big, but I have to remind myself that I will be layering underneath. It buttons up the front and has more of straight silhouette, as opposed to the fitted bodice and flared skirt silhouette that the Heavy Wool Trench Coat has. For the photos above, I did pull in the waist so there's some extra material gathered in the back (you can see it in the third photo above). I also pulled the belt tightly around my waist (but not too tight!) to give it a more fitted look. It does still appear to be a little bigger than what I prefer, but it fits and feels very comfortable on. The jacket is fully lined in an unexpected but fun bright red satin-type material, so my arms easily slipped through.

The inside collar has a chain detail above the logo tag.


I got the jacket in a size UK6, which is about a size XS, and the smallest size this jacket is available in.

I'm happy that this jacket is machine-washable!

The jacket comes with an extra button.


The print features a "camel"-colored background with tiny baby rhinos throughout, which appear to be a dark navy blue.

The buttons are black with a marble-like pattern.

The wrists have a button-and-tab detail.

There are two cargo pockets in the front. I usually prefer slant pockets, but the cargo pockets add to the safari-esque theme.


There are a ton of holes on the belt so you can cinch it in the waist as much as you need to.

The back of the coat.

There are buttoned epaulettes on the shoulders.

And the same baby rhino pattern continues underneath the collar, in case you want to pop it up.

The jacket can be worn open for a more casual look. And it's also fun to let the red lining peep through a bit :)

2 comments:

Schnuersenkelrolltreppentod said...

hi, do you sell this coat?

iloveorlakiely said...

Sorry, not for sale. I purchased this from ModCloth last year.