Monday, August 11, 2014

Orla Kiely FW14 Dresses

Today's focus is on Orla Kiely's FW14 dress collection. The dresses vary between simple and classic to printed and fun. Each is lovely and there's plenty of options for both work and play.

$468
Cats and dogs are playing a big role in Orla Kiely's FW14 collection. It's difficult to choose between the two since both are so cute! The Jacquard Shift Dress is work appropriate and can also serve as a simple daytime dress, or be worn to church or a party. I see many styling options here.

I love how the website now provides closeup pictures of the patterns. The images are so detailed you can actually see the texture in each cat print.

$448
Probably my favorite out of all the dresses. You might remember it from the lookbook, where it was paired with a cropped turtleneck. It's nice to see that they're actually two separate pieces, making this dress even more versatile. I would actually wear this to work paired with a cardigan and a cami underneath. But I think this dress can also easily transition into a party/evening dress.

$398
I love the retro peplum shape of these dresses.

$378
A simple LBD, but it's also available in...

$398 
Because I'm a sucker for prints, I prefer the shift dress in the Ditsy Cat print. I really like the Chalk color because it seems more multi-seasonal.
A closeup of the Ditsy Cat Print - tons of cute little black cats amongst a polka dotted background.

$478
Another cute option, but this one seems a bit more formal with its gathered cuffs and belted waist.

$478
This is definitely the type of dress I would wear to work - long sleeves, high neckline, knee-length, and a simple fitted silhouette in a classic color.

No comments: