Saturday, February 28, 2015

Orla Kiely SS15: Scribble Sunflower Print in Evergreen and Indigo

The Scribble Sunflower print is probably my new favorite of the season (alongside the Tall Flower Stem). Although both coloways are extremely lovely, I think the Evergreen is my pick of the two,  with green being a favorite color of mine already. Also, the pink centers of the sunflowers add a nice accent.

My favorite look from this season!

This pattern somewhat reminds me of all the daisy prints that seem to be popping up everywhere nowadays. This print was super popular when I was a kid growing up in the 90s (I mean, seriously, I should've just kept all my clothes from middle school. I would be so in style today). I'm not sure how I feel about this trend coming back because on the one hand, it makes me very nostalgic, which can be a nice warm fuzzy feeling inside. But on the other hand, I don't want to be reminded of all my teen years, which I'm sure many of us can agree with. But Orla Kiely has a way of taking what's trendy and putting her own spin on it (daisies? Pshhh! Let's do sunflowers!) I think the Scribble Sunflower print is a wonderful modern take on today's floral trends, and the colors available are super gorgeous.

Scribble Sunflower Necktie Dress
£299 (approximately $462)

Scribble Sunflower Short Sleeve Dress
£299 (approximately $462)

Scribble Sunflower Gathered Skirt
£209 (approximately $323)

Scribble Sunflower Shirt
£199 (approximately $307)

The rest of the items are currently only showing up in the Indigo color. I hope these items will become available in Evergreen soon as that one's my favorite! These items are made of a textured vinyl instead of leather, which is actually a really great alternative because it looks like leather, but it's much easier to clean and maintain.

£159 (approximately $245)

£189 (approximately $292)
This is probably one of my favorite Jeanie Bags ever. What's missing are the leather trimmed corners and middle dividing compartment, but I actually like these changes because it provides a more modern streamlined look. I also like the placement of the logo on a detachable leather hanging pouch instead of on a front leather pocket.

£139 (approximately $215)

£99 (approximately $153)

£89 (approximately $137)

No comments: