Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Orla Outfit of the Day: We All Scream for Ice Cream

OOOTD:
Gap belt
Urban Outfitters necklace

I love ice cream. I mean, like seriously love ice cream. It's the number one thing I look forward to on cheat day. I wish I could swim in ice cream and eat it all day.


The cashier at the grocery store today seemed quite bemused by my ice cream ensemble, even pointing out that my earrings match my shirt.


I got this necklace during a Black Friday outing one year. It was my only purchase that year, a total bargain from Urban Outfitters that only cost me $1. And all I had to do was wake up at 4 am to get it.

I'm actually currently on a mission to lose 13 pounds. Why such a specific number? Well, it just happens to be the exact amount I've gained in just the past six months, all due to terrible eating habits and generally being lazy with my workout routine. I finally came to terms with the fact that I could no longer fit into my J. Crew pencil skirts, a fashion staple of mine for work. And I'm going back to work in two weeks, so I decided I needed to get back in shape so I could fit into my work clothes again! So even though I can't really eat ice cream right now, at least I can wear them and feel happy about their fun print!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know that yours is not a beauty blog, but I love your glowing, luminous complexion in all of the photos in which you appear. Do you have any special products you use for skincare? Foundation? Thanks! jaycee

iloveorlakiely said...

Oh my goodness, thank you so much, Jaycee! As for my skincare routine, I try to keep it pretty simple - cleanse with Philosophy Purity and moisturize with CeraVe - that's it! I find that when I try to do more (like scrubs, toner, peels), my face doesn't react to them very well so I always try to keep it simple. As for makeup, I'm currently using Mac Studio Sculpt in NC30 and I apply it with Sigma's F80 Flat Kabuki brush. I then use Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer in Medium around my eyes, which I actually blend in with Sephora's 45 Mineral Powder brush. I don't usually set my makeup with powder because my face is SO dry so I like to use liquid products to look more dewy and fresh. In this picture, I'm also wearing Physician's Formula Nude Wear Bronzer on my cheeks and around my hairline, although I often wear Milani's Baked Powder Blush in Luminoso :)