Saturday, October 31, 2015

Orla Outfit of the Day: Happy Halloween

OOOTD:
Orla Kiely for Uniqlo Linear Stem Tank Top
Forever 21 Vest
J. Crew Distressed Denim Shorts
Gap Belt

Yay, the weekend is finally here! And it's Halloween - happy Halloween everyone :)

This owl necklace was a present from my Mom, and I've been really into owls lately because my son has recently become obsessed with Harry Potter and talks about Hedwig all the time :)

I've been loving wearing this vest lately because it's still quite warm where I live, but I love fall/winter clothes so much and I feel this vest can still give me the look of outerwear and keep me cool at the same time.

I actually wore this outfit last weekend to a friend's pumpkin-carving party, and I decided to make Jack Skellington cake pops for the occasion.

I've been making cake pops as a hobby for the last couple of years, and honestly, they're still super hit-or-miss for me. I'm still learning how to get the consistency of candy melts just right, and the decorating is always a challenge.

But the results are always fun to look at, and they taste yummy, too :) I've only ever used boxed cake mix, and people are always so surprised when I tell them that. But yup, just your regular 'ol $1.50 box of cake mix that you can get at your local grocery store. There's already so much involved with making cake pops, so I find that just using a cake mix makes things SO much easier.

My favorite cake mix to use is strawberry, and I always mix it with vanilla frosting. For these Jack Skellington cake pops, I used white candy melts and piped on store-bought black icing for the face.
 
I hope everyone has a wonderful and safe Halloween tonight!

No comments: