Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Haul + Review: Orla Kiely Leather Round Hanging Purse

Spring/Summer 2016 Collection
$75

Bag charms seems to be such a huge trend this season, so I was excited when Orla Kiely created her own version with this hanging coin purse.

The front has a single punched Stem pattern.


While the back is plain. It is made of 100% leather in a matte finish.

I do like the loop feature at the top as opposed to a hook closure because you can pretty much attach it to any strap or handle (I have another bag charm from Anthropologie, but it has such a small hook that it only fits on certain bags). The loop does worry me a bit, however, because the strap seems a little strained when you loop the coin purse through that I'm afraid over time it will get worn out and possibly rip. I'm constantly looping it onto different bags, so I'm just gonna have to be extra careful while doing this.

There's a gold-colored zipper and leather pull.

And the inside is lined with the sand-colored Linear Stem jacquard.

The first bag I attached this coin purse to was my Louis Vuitton Speedy 30 in Damier Azur (Haul + Review post here). When I first saw this coin purse on the Scallop Pocket Leather Jeanette Bag, I loved the contrast it created with the black leather. But I also think it looks fantastic against the blue and white canvas of the Damier Azur. Plus, the Speedy 30 is such a popular bag and I find that this coin purse adds just the right touch to make it a bit more unique.

I'm happy that this coin purse seem to go really well with so many of my purses. The Chalk color creates a wonderful contrast against darker leathers, but it also complements bags that have lighter colorways. Plus, it adds the CUTEST touch to any purse.

No comments: