Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Orla Kiely Flower Stem Embossed Leather Bags

The Flower Stem Embossed leather bags have arrived! When I first saw them on QVC, I couldn't figure out if they were an older item, newer item, a QVC exclusive or what because at the time I'd never seen them anywhere else. I did see these bags pop up on a couple other sites since, but I'd been waiting for their official debut on Orla Kiely's site and they're finally here! I find the leather so interesting because I'm used to seeing the Classic Shoulder Bag and Mid Sling in matte laminate or quilted nylon. Usually the Mainline collection is made of leather, so it's an interesting change to include some of the Stem pieces as well and I love it! I would love to see even more patterns and styles released in leather finishes.

$362

A nice new detail to these bags is that the leather logo card holder pocket is now on the inside of the bag, whereas before it appeared on the outside. I really like this change because I honestly wasn't too much of a fan of these pockets anyway because they would sometimes block too much of the print.

$362

I've been wanting a black leather bag for a really long time, so I'm excited to see these new pieces added to the Stem collection. I'm not sure which style I like better, though. I think maybe a part of me is leaning a little bit more towards the Shoulder Bag because I think its classic shape looks great in the leather finish and will pair well with dressier outfits, which is how I picture styling it. The Midi Sling Bag just seems more casual to me, so I think I still prefer this style in the laminate or nylon finishes. What do you think? Which one is your favorite? And do you think Orla Kiely will release more of the Stem bags in leather?

No comments: