Thursday, March 10, 2016

An Orla Kiely Bicycle, Camping Gear, and More Coming Soon!

Believe it or not, this isn't the first time Orla Kiely has created a line of outdoor gear and equipment. The first bike she designed was for Team Green Britain Bike Week back in 2010,  and she also had a line of camping gear that was sold at Millets a few years earlier in 2007 (see below for photos).



But this new collection is being released under her Olive and Orange label in collaboration with Halfords. It looks like bikes and camping gear will be available once again, and I am so excited for it! I have never been camping nor have I ever had the desire to go, but if there's one thing that can get me outdoors, it would probably be Orla Kiely :)


The collection will be released in May and I'm super excited. However, will these items be available to fans such as myself living in the US? Well, right now it looks unlikely because according to Halford's website, they only deliver to UK addresses. What a bummer, BUT I'm still going to remain hopeful that they'll be available here as well.

Photo courtesy of Halford's Instagram page.

2 comments:

Margo said...

I found the list of winnings interesting: a Green Wiggle Stem
bike
signed by Orla Kiely; ii) a drinks bottle;
iii) a bicycle bell; iv) a two man tent; and iv) a picnic rug.

I'm interested to see the "picnic rug" and some of the other items listed. I entered, but I may not be eligible to win. But it can't hurt to try. Can't wait to see more!

iloveorlakiely said...

Yeah, I entered anyway also even though I'm not eligible, but I'd still like to try! That prize would be AWESOME!