Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Orla Kiely SS16 Mainline: Damask Flower Printed Tarpaulin in Lilac

This season's tarpaulin bags feature the Damask Flower Print in the colorway Lilac, which has a lovely purple floral pattern against a bright yellow background. While I'm not a huge fan of tarpaulin, I do own a Willow Bag in this material that I love - the patterns just seem to pop more on this shiny material. Likewise, the tarpaulin turns out to be a good medium for the colors and bold graphics of the Damask print. I do wish these bags were lined, though - I think that would make them more durable, but I do see the appeal of having such a simple low-maintenance bag.

£85

The Mini Box Bag, one of my favorite styles, has seen a few improvements this season. First, it now has a double zip closure, which will make getting in and out of the bag a lot more convenient. It also has a detachable strap with leather accents (previous versions just had the straps attached to the bag with no option of removing them). And last, my favorite detail - it has a top handle with leather detailing. I think that's just such a cute touch, and sometimes I do like to carry my purses with my hand rather than on my shoulder, so I like that the Mini Box Bag has that option now. Even if you don't use it, it's still a rather cute detail.

£85

£95

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are pretty. Unfortunately I don't see any of her new collection on Amazon so I wonder if they are going to stock it or not. What do you think?

iloveorlakiely said...

I did start to see a few things trickle in, but many of them are not sold by Amazon, but by a company called Fifty One. Not too familiar with them, but they still offer free shipping and some of the pieces are actually a bit discounted. I really hope Amazon keeps carrying Orla Kiely!