Thursday, March 10, 2016

Orla Kiely SS16 Mainline: Oval Printed Leather in Black and Orange

What a fun little throwback this Oval Printed Leather collection is! It definitely reminds me of vintage Orla Kiely, something we would've seen in the early 2000s. And sure enough, I was flipping through her Pattern book when I saw this ad for the Spring/Summer 2000 collection featuring the Egg and Daisy Spot print.


I must admit, these Oval Printed Leather bags weren't my favorite when I first saw them - I think I just like the floral and classic patterns so much that I tend to overlook everything else. However, the more I look at these bags, the more I appreciate their structure and totally unique style. Not to mention all the nostalgia I feel when looking at these bags :)

The Black colorway is definitely my favorite between the two. Of course you know I love the pops of yellow, but I also like its olive green accents. The Willow and Mini Peggy bags are my favorites, and I'm also really liking the Mini Hanging Zip Purse because I'd like to use it as a bag charm.

£370

£350

£220

$225

$225

$219

£80

No comments: